Thursday, May 16, 2013

Dutch Dare Challenge #217 - Recipe Card

This week's challenge at the Dutch Dare Card Challenge is to create a project using the following recipe (1 image, 1 sentiment, 2 pattern papers & 3 embellishments).  Our sponsor is Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps.  The design team was able to pick an image, so I went with "Seashells for Sale".  The image was colored with my Copics and the pattern paper is from My Mind's Eye "Dolled Up" collection.  I debated on how to use the 2 pattern papers and ended up just using the 2nd pattern on the corners of my card.  The sentiment is from the "Pursuit of Happiness" set from Stampin Up.  The image was cut with my Nestabilities largest oval die.  I try to get the most from my die cuts, so I cut 2 pieces of color cardstock (SU Bashful Blue & Pear Pizzazz) with the largest Nestabilities Label Eighteen die.  Trimming down the Pear Pizzazz piece I was able to layer it to look like a larger die cut.  For my embellishments I used 3 shells we  picked up off the beach when we were in Florida this winter.  I going to count my grouping of shells as 1 embellishment along with the 2 brads.  



Hope you can join us this week and look forward to seeing what you did with the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...
I love hearing from you and checking out your blog.